To have a smooth and efficiently running kitchen operation, while being customer focused and maintaining a good relationship with our local & international guests.
The Chef de Cuisine is expected to have a positive and encouraging contribution towards operational and strategic decision-making in the kitchen.
The Chef de Cuisine supervises the kitchen staff in an efficient manner and should take a degree of responsibility for their performance and creative work input.
- Responsible for pre-opening planning and setting up of all guidelines of the restaurant with the guidance of the Executive Chef.
- Development of all menus and food presentation, along with Executive Chef.
- To handle entire kitchen operation & stewarding department allocated to the specific restaurant.
- To liaise with the Executive Chef of all daily administration of the operation and ensure that the Chef de Cuisine has been briefed accordingly and that the day’s activities are well planned.
- To ensure that all communication regarding club, management policies, procedures and legislation set by authorities such as the Municipality and the government is shared and clearly understood by each member within the team.
- To ensure that Food Safety and Kitchen Hygiene standards are followed at all times within the guidelines set by the Municipality by making daily inspections of the kitchen and reporting any faults or concerns to the Executive Chef accordingly.
- To assist the Executive Chef with menu planning, resource management to ensure effective organization of gala events, functions and special events in all aspects of the the operation.
- To actively seek member and guest feedback and always aim to exceed their expectations.
- To keep kitchen standards of performance up to date and assist the Executive Chef in the implementation of the restaurant business strategy.
- To be flexible and conduct any other reasonable task that may be additional to those stated in the job description that is related to the business or as agreed by the management.
- To ensure that Health, Safety, Hygiene, Food Safety and Municipality regulations are adhered to and make thorough spot checks and report any faults immediately to the Executive Chef.
- To ensure that all goods received by spot checking deliveries and storage of all food items.
- To ensure that high cost food stock items are maintained at minimum levels.
- To ensure all perishable foods are used in stock rotation.
- To ensure a minimum amount of wastage, and always seek opportunities in menu planning accordingly for Buffets, promotions, daily specials, club night.
- Aware of the restaurant Mission, Vision and Values.
In line with the restaurant strive for continuous improvement, you may be requested to participate in various extra activities contributing towards individuals and organizational growth.
Represent the department or a group in various committees, such as the Staff Committee, Green Theme (environmental), and Food Committee. Be trained as a Fire Marshall or First Aider.
IT Security Awareness:
- Read, Understand and comply with all applicable Information Security Policies and Procedures of wasl.
- Co-operate, co-ordinate and share information with Internal/External Audit teams as appropriate and applicable.
- Attend Information Security Awareness sessions conducted by the wasl IT Department.
- All Information Security breaches, events, weaknesses, incidents (actual or suspected breaches) shall be immediately reported to the IT Service Desk.
Levels of Authority:
Prepared by: Executive Chef
Approved by: Culinary Director
1. SKILLS RELATED WITH INTERPERSONAL
- Must be fluent in the English language and be able to express themselves freely in the front of house as there is a considerable “social” element to the job.
- A good communicator and listening skills required as members often give feedback which is important to the continual improvement process of food and beverage products and services.
- Effective communicator and motivator of employees of varying nationalities, race and religion as the restaurant kitchen team are very multi-cultural.
- Skill or experience in dealing with the labour markets from the Spanish – Mediterranean belt would be a distinctive advantage.
- Diplomatic as liaison with management and key senior members of senior management shall be required.
2. SKILLS RELATED TO GETTING THE JOB DONE
- The skills of effective leadership, man-management, motivation and elegation. The ability to meet deadlines and set goals.
- The skill of “following up” and checking to ensure tasks and duties are completed.
3. TECHNICAL ABILITIES
To be able to prepare 5 star food and presentation skills
- Ability to plan for banqueting, functions, gala events Objective and pro-active problem solving
- Computer skills – Ability to use computers and packages such as e-mail, excel, and word
Positions Available: Head Chef
Stipend: 1850 gross + incentives (180- 450 euros monthly)