To fully understand and perform your job accountabilities and personal competencies as described below. Working with your team to deliver the class mission. Outstanding customer service.
(Job Related Duties)
Check daily business:
First thing every morning check with your senior chef on duty for the following:
- Special requirements
Inform Chef De Partie of ordering needs:
- Inform your Sous Chef about anything that you need ordering for your section.
- Always think 48 hours ahead for functions where possible.
- Always inform your Sous Chef about any spoilage so he can reorder.
- Always be available for receiving and putting always of all
- Always count what you receive
- Make sure it is good condition and of good and of good quality.
- Always make it is of correct weight
- Always store :
- In-correct place
- When putting away all delivering always ensure that you promptly rotate stock which will stop the following:
- Using new instead of old
- Make sure all food is cling-filmed and with the correct date.
- All meat, fish, and poultry are correctly stored to stop cross contamination.
- Always work in a tidy and hygiene manner.
- Make sure there is no cross contamination.
- Always make sure that everything on your section is always cling filmed and of correct date.
- Do not over-produce
- Do not I\under-produce
- Always use fresh produce
- Always work in a clean and tidy manner
- During service, always listen to the senior chef, when he is calling out the orders or calling away the
- Always acknowledge him
- Always produce the food as quickly as possible
- Always produce the food to the correct standard
- In the absence of the Sous the senior chef de partie will assume responsibility of the kitchen and carry out the same duties as the Sous chef.
- Complete all administrative duties completely and as written within the time frame given.
- Attend all management and organized meetings as requested by the General Manager.
- Assume responsibly for certain aspects of staff training as directed by the General Manager.
- Ensure that no members of staff are permitted to work if they are not suitably dressed or groomed.
- To be conversant with every aspect of the company’s Emergency, Health and safety and Fire procedures.
- Ensure you are aware of, and that you enforce all the company policies in the respects of human resources and staff welfare.
- Work in accordance with legislation relating to equality and opportunity in the workplace.
- Remain vigilant at all times to try and minimize both customer and staff theft.
- To ensure that all controls in respect of alcohol is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure compliance with our liquor license requirements fulfilled at all times.
- To ensure that no actions on the part of the customer or member of staff, in any way jeopardize the restaurant liquor license.
- Take responsibility for the security of the restaurant/bar premises and property at all times.
- Ensure that impeccable standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the operations.
- Attend any training or retraining sessions as deemed necessary by the company including first aid training. Once qualified you will rotate as a first aid trained member of staff whilst you are on duty.
- To be fully conversant with the geographical layout of the operation and to know the exact whereabouts of all equipment of an operations nature.
- To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
- Report for duty punctually wearing appropriate attire.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times, always remembering that you lead by example.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport and working relationship with all the staff in the restaurant and all other departments as well as suppliers.
- Provide a courteous, professional, attentive and efficient service at all times with all the restaurant departments and customers.
- Attend and contribute to all staff briefings and other related activities.
- Undertake any reasonable task and secondary duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Respond to any changes in the restaurant function as dictated by the General Manager.
- Carry out any other responsibilities or duties as assigned.
- Support new recruits through on the job training.
- To have a complete understanding of all the restaurants service functions and responsibilities.
Health and Safety and Welfare:
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported immediately and rectified.
- Be fully conversant with all departments fire, emergency and Bomb procedures.
- Emergency procedures are rehearsed monthly and attendance records are kept; all emergency procedures need to be implemented and enforced to provide for security and safety of guest and employees.
- All staff within the department must be trained in a manner, which is safe and unlikely to give risk of harm or injury to themselves or others.
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Cielo regulations, by strict adherence to existing laws, statutes and applicable ordinances, and by anticipating possible and probable hazards and conditions and wither correcting them or pre-planning a defense against.
- Stimulate and encourage a general awareness of health and safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department.
- Ensure that the highest standards of personal hygiene are maintained by all members of the department.
- Be fully conversant with the Cielo “Food and Hygiene Policy” and “Health and Safety Policy”.
- Be fully conversant with the licensing legislation and any recent updates.
- This does not constitute an exhaustive list and you will be expected to maintain a flexible attitude and undertake any additional duties or assume any additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate by General Manager.
- This document reflects the job content at time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in the light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changed will be discussed with the jobholder and the job description amended accordingly.
- I acknowledge that I have read and understood the above duties and I accept them as governing my employment with the company.
Please note, the above points are an outline of your general role and responsibilities, however, you are also expected to carry out any other reasonable task requested of you by your direct supervisors.
Standards within the Quality Policy document and company operations Manual. Achievement of quality goals. Compliance with the statement of values. This may include periodical audits and data collections.
Positions Available: Junior Chef Position
Stipend: 960 euros gross + incentives (56--136 monthly)